1.0B Rules - any suggestions for upgrades?

OOC posting, obviously. Guests are allowed in this forum, so keep sensitive information out - link to it if necessary.
Forum rules
Remember that there is value in keeping certain aspects of the DP secret from players or potential media consumers.

This particular category allows (requires, in fact) OOC posting.

1.0B Rules - any suggestions for upgrades?

Postby Diamond Master » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:52 pm

The Unblemished are planning to release the 1.0 Beta ruleset as a 1.1.

For those of you who've read (or are willing to read; they're on the homepage) the rules docs, what needs to be clarified or changed?

Favor to those who find errors or loopholes.

So far, we plan:
-To remove the worshiper idea for now (maybe until we have a wiki)
-To clarify the Mechanical Slots a bit
-To attempt to reduce the amount of text
-Removing arcane rules that will never come up...until they come up.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation
Weakness: None

Re: 1.0B Rules - any suggestions for upgrades?

Postby Nor Dingkundar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Could there be some possible extension of the usefulness of domains? Otherwise, they just serve as a weapon for combat, which also the possibility of having multiple domains affect a battle at once if they apply? Ex: tag teaming electricity and water to trap and shock the bejeezus outta something or gravity and magnetism to send an enormous meteor crashing down onto the opponent? Maybe counting them as a stacked effect so long as they apply? So instead of just applying water 3 or electricity 2, possibly making it water/electricity 4-5? So you could realistically have a domain score for a battle hitting up in the 10-20 range if they applied and combined well. Just a thought I had looking at the battle system. Maybe multiple artifacts stack applying as well.
Nor Dingkundar

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Gravity 2, Wormhole 1
Motto: Oooh what's this gonna do?
Summary or Blurb: Give shinys!

Postby Nor Dingkundar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Also maybe a quick list for people starting with what they start with might be well advised.
Ex: As an Inclusion Tier, a you start with 4 Norn and 4 DM favor, your realm, carry your gear, powers etc, 1 facet of your own as a campaign world,....
As a Pavilion Tier blah blah blah.....
I think that would be incredibly handy. Maybe like a pre-build worksheet, something along the lines of the sheet you guys have set up to track our favor. Something like the classic character sheet digitalized would be handy for knowing how to get up and running and make rooks (like myself) less dependent on a**i your guys 'hey guiz guiz whats this, how do this, do I has this?' and in general less of a pain in the ass that is characteristic of rooks.
Again, food for thought.
Nor Dingkundar

Postby Diamond Master » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Another thing that Domains are for is entering other campaign worlds. Once you are given access to another universe, you are (at first) limited to interfering within the bounds of your Domain.

The character sheet is a good idea. Perhaps it could be presented as an "optional" resource to visualize your power, not to limit it.

We are always looking for feedback on ways to make our sprawling deiopolis more navigable so these are good ideas.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Nor Dingkundar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:09 pm

I didn't mean to say it as a limiter, simply as basic training wheels so people can get started. To quote Barbossa, "They're not rules really. More like guidelines."
Nor Dingkundar

Postby Diamond Master » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 pm

I didn't interpret your idea as a limiter either. I simply wanted to point out that it would be something of an unofficial character sheet.

Our webweaver tells me that an automatic system for tracking Favor and other important traits is in the early stages of development. But your character sheet idea could provide something of a backbone procedure for introducing new recruits.

For now, the profile of a deity, or their page on the wiki, is the closest thing to a character sheet.

Again, thank you for your suggestions. This definitely gives me some ideas to work on.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Nor Dingkundar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 pm

One other question to clarify: when on Hrairday does favor get distributed, and is for the previous week or for the one that has just ended/is ending?
Nor Dingkundar

Postby Diamond Master » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Nor Dingkundar wrote:One other question to clarify: when on Hrairday does favor get distributed, and is for the previous week or for the one that has just ended/is ending?

It is for the week just ending.
The Norns control when the Favor is distributed; you will get a message from them. I am unsure how long it usually takes.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Great Thrash » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

It's usually a day or two after Hrairday. You can expect about 1 or 2 Favor each week automatically.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Return to Suggestion Box