The Witches' Jury - Level up

The home of the Steepest Norns. The great tree has wafer-thin slices of diamond for leaves, and bronze agates plating the bark. Its roots are not visible from the Gardens as they extend throughout the entire Diamond of Existence in a hyperspatial loop.
Forum rules
Remember that there is value in keeping certain aspects of the DP secret from players or potential media consumers.

Remember to follow the in-character nature of the forum.

The Witches' Jury - Level up

Postby the Steep Norns » Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Post here when you are ready to ascend in Tier, dearies. Then we shall ask you questions to ascertain your readiness, and ensure you stand high enough in our favour.
the Steep Norns
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Fate
Motto: On the nails of Norns the night-owl's song!

Re: The Witches' Jury - Level up

Postby Great Thrash » Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 pm

I convert 58 DM Favor into 29 Norn Favor.

Then I submit 50 Norn Favor back to the Norns - I wish to become a Worldcrafter.

I am the game master of two separate worlds and have shown many adventuring parties that they too can take the excitement.

Not only do I rule worlds completely, I am the worlds - the world of Great Thrash and the continents invading the watery moon of Luna Diana.

I was among the first gods in the Immortal Facets, and I have faced down every challenge here without quailing. I have made the Histories. Everyone here knows my name. I tinker among many worlds and will do so more as a Worldcrafter.

What challenges to my right as Worldcrafter you have, I will answer.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Pending our most recent bargains, I push 25 NornFavor towards the Steep Norns. I wish to ascend to the Pavilion Tier.

The tomes, notebooks and histories provide most of the evidence needed to judge me. A hundred million books, collected from hundreds of thousands of Facets, show that I have advanced far indeed within the domain of Knowledge. One section describes the world of Rivenrock, over which I have had extreme divine effects, particularly over the planet Dunia and the elemental and mystical planes surrounding it. Though the world was originally borrowed, the tales within the books tell how I created the world for myself, and now stand alone, independent of other deities, the source of my own power, and that of many other beings and places within Rivenrock. Some tomes come from the gods of Rivenrock themselves, who hold me alone as a superior deity and so worship me as creator (I rarely reveal myself to mortals). Lastly, within the Immortal Facets, I am well known. In my diaries, I write how many have come to me and view me as a source of knowledge. I have answered the riddles of Steepest Deities, conversed with Bezel-Tier dragons, and brought new deities to these pantheons through my explorations.

I smile a crooked smile, my hand shaking as I hand the Favor back to the Norns.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby the Steep Norns » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:52 am

Great Thrash:
1. How is your world integrated into the shared multiverse of the Diamond Pantheon? What have you done to promote its integration?
2. How do you plan to shape future worlds you may come to interact with? What will this contribute to the goals of the Unblemished Tier?
3.What defining goal makes you worthy of the power of Worldcrafter?
the Steep Norns
Site Admin

Postby the Steep Norns » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:52 am

Yerkan of Elish:
1. Be more precise about what you have done to set yourself above the other deities, above other heroes that may exist on Dunia. We do not mean that we wish to see evidence of your superiority. We wish to hear what processes you have undergone to make your independence a reality.
2. For what help might worshippers on Dunia look to you? What effects do you have on that world, as a force of nature?
3. What machinations make you worthy of the power of Campaign Deity?
the Steep Norns
Site Admin

Postby Great Thrash » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 pm

the Steep Norns wrote:Great Thrash:
1. How is your world integrated into the shared multiverse of the Diamond Pantheon? What have you done to promote its integration?
2. How do you plan to shape future worlds you may come to interact with? What will this contribute to the goals of the Unblemished Tier?
3.What defining goal makes you worthy of the power of Worldcrafter?

1. My world represents me directly. Or perhaps it is the other way around. Every time I work within someone else's world, through symbols and items, they get to see a little bit about me and therefore my world.

Or perhaps it is the other way around.

Yerkan's Rivenrock came from me, and I continue to have interests there. I've sent messages, guidance, hints, and wondrous items to those Facets.

2. I'm working on a big Spelljammer project that will make Thrashian theory available to each member of the DP, no matter what genre they work in. This means more realization of the imagination of the DM, more opportunities for alliance and betrayal, more chance for heroes to prove their mettle and for villains to prove their genius. Like the Unblemished, I am an element of neutrality who cares for the story.

3. Thrash is all about worldcraft! A living world, a living interest in the shaping of worlds. My goals are to be an inspiration for new rulers and crafters, to propagate spatially (as with Luna Diana), and to gather new worshipers. Since the planet Thrash and the god Thrash are, in many ways, synonymous, the more love and sweat I put into the multiverse, the more respect I receive in return, the more widespread my celestial DNA, the more powerful Thrash (the god) should be.

Or perhaps it is the other way around.
Great Thrash

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:29 am

I hand over a tome, a tapestry, and a model solar system.

The tome is labeled "qostoši truwe - the Pioneer's Creation." It is light, and somewhat translucent, despite being extremely thick. No Dunian mortal could perceive the existence of this book, for it holds deep secrets that transcend the world's history. Within the pages of the book, the following story is told:

Spoiler: show
The Jade Angel, who called himself the Pioneer, rose from the rift. The many peoples of Dunia saw him and spoke with him, and he taught them much: technologies, languages, and crafts from strange worlds beyond the canyon. As we came into being within the ethereal realms which we later learned were forged by the Pioneer himself, we watched him, and now we tell his story. After rising from the rift, the Pioneer spoke to the people, teaching them his magics. This act was hurried and sloppy, for he was worried, and had done great wrong. In coming to this world, the Pioneer had brought instability, and thus slain the patron deity of Dunia, who was known as Gmigma, and he was the very earth itself. As Gmigma died, the Pioneer went to him, and introduced himself. He learned all that he could, and sent Gmigma respectfully to his grave. Enraged at the loss of knowledge that he had brought about, the Pioneer threw aside all of his simplicity and disguise, revealing himself as the powerful Yerkan of Elish, the strongest and most learned of all people. And with his skills, Yerkan wove the ethereal plane and the astral plane. Seeing that it would not hold given the physics of Rivenrock, Yerkan wove also the elemental planes and the interface that joins them together. To limit magic, he worked the greatest skills he could, teaching still more to his chosen apprentices, and created a way to hold the world together and prevent the strength of magic from overpowering. It is Yerkan's magics that hold what is left of the universe together, though the presence of Yerkan has long been absent and many curse his name for this reason. Many have stood against him, and some few among the deities have succeeded, but Yerkan has lived on and knows all of our world, caring for it, and he has promised us that, if all else should fail, another land shall be provided.

The tapestry is extremely large and well-made, for it was created with skill in the early days of magic, when it was much easier to work the two forms of craftsmanship together. The pictures woven into the textile depict the many peoples and deities of Dunia, revealing my place within it:

The Rift of Dil-Buyuk illuminates the border of the tapestry, with light spilling in from above. Mortals stand at the top of the rift, looking down, and merely wondering. They seek to know the mysteries of the world, though they cannot yet be told. They ask for intelligence and understanding, though they know not from whom they ask it. The gods and immortal spirits relay their messages, for only they can see him, only they can see Yerkan of Elish, the Pioneer, the Jade Angel, standing at the bottom of the RIft, working the interface between the planes, keeping the flow of magic and matter constant, preventing the destruction of the world. Through the creation of new planes, Yerkan allowed the world to survive. The gods, who came into being only through his mistake and through his continued support, stand around him at the very bottom of the endless canyon, a**i him never to cease, never to abandon them, and to provide them with the knowledge they need as deities. This knowledge flows from him and finds the spirits, and at last brings understanding to those who reign. The tapestry does not depict stability; the world is near collapse. Already, its patron has died and needed to be replaced. Already, foreign bodies and foreign worlds have been introduced, and all because of Yerkan. But through Yerkan, it also persists.

Holding up the planetary model, I at last begin to speak for myself:

"Hmph. Machinations? Plots? Tricks? The world I have helped create is one that reflects both my own domain and the soul of the Diamond. It is a place of knowledge that spreads from world to world, for it was born from a Seed of Thrash that died, but then sought continued life, before I at last snuffed it out through my grave mistake. For this unforgivable error, for this idiocy on my part, I take full responsibility for the place, and I dare even you Norns to take that from me. My plans for Dunia involve taking it, allowing it to survive, and making it the realm of mine and others' knowledge, as well as its own, in exchange for the loss of knowledge that Ancient Gmigma had to offer. In his death, my machinations have become surviving. Not as Yerkan of Elish, a puny hero or god, but as Dunia, as the planet's soul and patron. That's my plot, oh Steep Norns."
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby the Steep Norns » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Very well. We hope you both know what you're getting into.

Yerkan of Elish, your request for ascension to Pavilion Tier has been granted.

Great Thrash, your request for ascension to Worldcrafter has likewise been granted.
the Steep Norns
Site Admin

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Excellent! I thank you.
Great Thrash

Postby Steepest Durin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Good job, freinds!
Steepest Durin

Statistics: Tier: Steepest God (Crown Tier)
Domains: Crafting 4
Weakness: None
Artifacts: Giant's Gauntlet, Council Portal, Field Projector
Motto: An' I will Endure.

Return to The Hypercone Tree