Enter the Spawn of Earnaness

This is the aesthetic centre of the Gardens. Here, great animals roam freely; here, the artworks and monuments of every culture are arranged. It is the most stunning neutral territory. Gnarly nighttwists, elegant yellow musk creepers, strong assassin vines, beautiful rare and Steep herbs, all grow here in attractive proportions. Each is laced with just a touch of magic frost which enables it to survive in the adamas-rich, strong-smelling soil.

Re: Enter the Spawn of Earnaness

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 pm

I cut a huge pointed log that I had rigged up early and send it ramming right into the dragon's wings.

I also send a few smaller traps thattaway and, lastly, just as the chasm opens, I sneak up behind the dragon and launch my own attack. Then I jump off and make sure I don't fall into the chasm myself.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Most of my traps were constructed using plant matter. This particular one is a huge tree that has been sharpened to a devastating point. The trajectory is calculated to a supernatural degree of perfection to tear through such a creature's wings, and most of my traps rely on similar Knowledge of trajectory and physics.
Yerkan of Elish

Postby Volatilus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 am

I shall change into my man form, with boar spear in hand diving headfirst towards the dragons decent, couching the spear and aiming towards the back of the head neck region streamlining myself so to maximize the impact on that point. Screaming wildly "By fang and claw!" as I plummet.
Volatilus

Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Weakness: None
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Morbus Sano » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm

A swarm of rats, teeth glistening with what appears to be a green toxin enter the fray; I lead them in the form of a large rat. many rats attempt to leap onto the dragon, but these are only a distraction. several other rats, including me will be spreading a substance designed to slow its victims down and eventually bring sleep to its victim upon contact and even more upon a wound on the ground where the dragon would fall when its wings no longer function. I then scurry away to watch in man form.
Morbus Sano

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Disease 2, Hospitality 1
Motto: Good health

Postby Diamond Master » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm

VOLATILUS VS EARNANESSSPAWN
Tier: Varied vs Bezel
Domain: Hunt 2 vs Energy 4, ???
Weakness: None vs Unknown
Equipment: None vs None
Circumstance: Home Field Advantage vs Taken Unawares
Spell: None vs Blur
Insight: Hunting Tactics vs Apathy
Allies: Steepest Durin, Morbus Sano, Yerkan of Elish, Great Thrash vs Trilobites

The dragon descends into the chasm, smugly at first, then with somewhat more frenetic action as her wings begin to shred. Energy lances up from various points in her body, stunning Yerkan and slowing Thrash. Disease starts to spread through the dragon, equalizing movement.

The dragon tries flame next, singing the fur of the beasts, but Durin shifts temporarily into dwarven form to block the flame with his massive magic gauntlet.
Yerkan's huge trees burst, sap flowing everywhere and sticking to everything.

The dragon's wings begin to heal and the rats must gnaw constantly to keep the webbing unsound. She blasts the ground beneath her, producing a bed of soft sand. Yerkan's spikes, fired with foresight and calculation, land in the sand pointy side up, but the dragon never seems to be where Yerkan has predicted. In fact, many of your tactics are having this problem, since the dragon is under the effects of a Blurred Target glamer.

Seeing it is getting nowhere, the dragon turns to full offensive. It concentrates fire on the stunned Yerkan until he is out of sight, then turns on the Thrashian lizard making its way down the wall and striking with long tongue. Thrash eventually comes to a shuddering halt, chipped by too much lightning, and falls to the earth where he melds safely with the sand. He won't be moving this battle, though.

The dragon hits the earth, tough skin absorbing abrasive sand force. For a moment, its breath is stolen away by impact.

Spoiler: show
You are collectively about two slots away from earning a roll to kill or incapacitate. You can describe other tactics if you wish, culminating in a different result.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Postby Diamond Master » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:25 pm

And through it all, after every blow, every elation of adrenaline, the cackling rebounds from all directions.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Great Thrash » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Spoiler: show
How does crowd control work here? Can I still do non-physical combat? The dragon didn't make a roll against me...

Assuming I can, I'll continue providing perspective on the battle from a worm's eye view. Then I'll solidify that sand and try to trap the dragon.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 pm

What is going on with the trilobites? Do I see how they are assisting the dragon?

Depending on how much I'm still able to do, I'll either attempt to confuse their vision by clouding the crystal in their eyes/antennae or else just point them out to Durin and the others so they can be crushed.
Yerkan of Elish

Postby Diamond Master » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Everything other than physical combat or motion is acceptable.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Morbus Sano » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I'll open my mouth to let a cloud of smoke come out, surrounding near the head of the dragon so that it will breathe it in when it next opens its mouth to perform a breath attack. the purpose of this smog is to force the dragon to cough, making the disease already within him to accelerate, slowing him down more.

If I have time, I'd also like to surround the battlefield so that anyone nearby has to join the fray in order to see or even smell the battle (because the smog is stinky)
Morbus Sano

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Disease 2, Hospitality 1
Motto: Good health

PreviousNext

Return to The Frosted Arboretum