Enter the Spawn of Earnaness

This is the aesthetic centre of the Gardens. Here, great animals roam freely; here, the artworks and monuments of every culture are arranged. It is the most stunning neutral territory. Gnarly nighttwists, elegant yellow musk creepers, strong assassin vines, beautiful rare and Steep herbs, all grow here in attractive proportions. Each is laced with just a touch of magic frost which enables it to survive in the adamas-rich, strong-smelling soil.

Re: Enter the Spawn of Earnaness

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 am

I slowly move my arm and relax in a cross-legged position with my chin resting in my hand. I gaze at the wave for a short while more, and start talking softly to myself, recalling legends about the gods of Thrash and beyond, trying to recall something of this sort among them.

If the prints are still moving towards me, I then say "You know, you were probably right to laugh at me. Here I've been, running around in trenches trying to escape a dragon, chasing after trilobites... Haha! Yes, you were right to laugh... But I must ask: who are you? What brings you to these gardens?"
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Diamond Master » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 am

The prints describe an arc across the sand, reversing their direction for a retreat. The ocean comes alive for a brief second, waves settling into new patterns before the entropy is drained from them once again. The prints peter into nonexistence and the laughter fades gradually as you read the writing in the new troughs: "Just the game."
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation
Weakness: None

Postby Volatilus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 am

Volatilus feels his heckles rise. No fear of the hunt or the howling eh? A snarling, taunting voice echoes throughout the dragons vicinity:

You leave your territory so hastily just to trample directly into my element!? Come now I thought dragons had more brains and less of a death wish than that! But I'll be sure to at least teach you the lesson of fear before I adorn my glade with your bones, and my throne with your head!

Volatilus (wolf form) starts a hunter's frenzy in his strength glade. Gathering up a dozen of his finest Dire wolves in a din of slaughter before darting at full speed from his glade with them in tow towards the gardens. 6 of his biggest stealthiest jungle cats will take up the rear
Volatilus

Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Steepest Durin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm glad we're gettin' this movin'.

I become a bulette and glide around th' long way underground to head off th' dragon. I look to Volatilus for cues on oor tactics.

Steepest Durin

Statistics: Tier: Steepest God (Crown Tier)
Domains: Crafting 4
Artifacts: Giant's Gauntlet, Council Portal, Field Projector
Motto: An' I will Endure.

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

If nothing has come of mine and Thrash's attempt at diplomacy, I will go around the gardens setting up traps for the Dragon, hidden among the trees and statues. For the most part, I will be using plant matter gathered from the arboretum. I do not cause destruction to the place, instead trimming branches that needed trimming in any case, collecting dead wood, etc. though I am sure to use plenty of living plant matter in the traps, sharpened to deadly points and arranged in the perfect trajectory to be as incapacitating and as unavoidable as possible.

A few of my traps are designed specifically to take out the dragon's wings, either by puncturing them or by clipping them.

I also load a few statues with simple tripwires that will spread icy marbles carved from the Frozen Ocean in a strategic pattern across the field when the dragon passes through.

When it comes time for the actual battle, I will use my Knowledge and stealth to supplement others' tactics. Having explored the gardens extensively, I will make use of quick shortcuts and safe hiding places, and make these available for the others. I also provide everyone with plenty of Frost and water to mask their scents.

Running alongside Volatilus, I discuss with him the best routes to arrive at the dragon in a quick manner while still giving us the upper hand, and then I slip away through a different path to cut off the dragon on a different side.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 pm

I lumber forward from the rear, sinking to all fours as I do so. My giant body is remolded into a ponderous golden-brown lizard and I speed up on stiff legs. I blend into the soil momentarily, and experimentally snap up a lightning-fast moth with my sticky clay tongue. My mighty jaw and ridged toothline makes easy work of an odorous shrub. Satisfied, I'm ready to press the issue with Earnaness' child.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 pm

The feast? Forgotten for now....eh, maybe I'll take some of the steaks.
Great Thrash

Postby Volatilus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 am

Bounding through the undergrowth of the gardens, I relay a classic hunting tactic to Yerkan when many outnumber one and the foe be large and fierce. First I give note to all within range of the location of the dragon, and give a wide unnoticeable circle of the beast the massive cats finding large supporting trees to hide the potential pounce of a frantic escape. The wolves will stay in closer proximity just out of sight in the thickest parts of the garden, myself included, using every scrap of foliage for cover.
If the dragon is unwary of our approach, myself and my wolves will use quick sprints across the dragons vision to direct it's attention in a dizzying circle. If it stands its ground the wolves will attack in twos, one to feint attack and the other to harass the flank, if it runs we will gang up the rear and nip at its tail to quicken the pace, although our experience in the hunt will doubt such a thing will happen.
Volatilus

Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Diamond Master » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 am

As you travel in your pack, each of you swears you hear laughter radiating from outside the circle you are forming. Each swears later that the laughter must have been nearest them.

Your maneuver is certainly effective at entering combat with the dragon. Volatilus' Hunt domain guarantees that. Durin's previous experience and strength ensures that you have a chance of winning the battle. Nothing is known about the dragon's weaknesses, so you simply follow Volatilus' instructions.

This garden is beginning to feel like home to some of you, and you have the dragon effectively surrounded and flanked. The wolves nip and leap from position to position, while the cats maneuver to prevent all escape. Often, the spawn is unsure where many of her foes are. She cries in pain and begins breathing multicolored lightnings, which strike in surges of flame, electricity, and elemental dissolution.

You seem to have made her angry.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Postby Great Thrash » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:19 am

Another hunt presents itself, perhaps!

This is going to get messy so no one will mind if I open a CHASM under the dragon's feet! I'll make it a leapable distance, but not one that would be fun to fall into by surprise.
Yerkan, focus fire on those wings!

If the dragon falls, my lizard form will clamber down the gap to finish it off.
Great Thrash

PreviousNext

Return to The Frosted Arboretum