Enter the Spawn of Earnaness

This is the aesthetic centre of the Gardens. Here, great animals roam freely; here, the artworks and monuments of every culture are arranged. It is the most stunning neutral territory. Gnarly nighttwists, elegant yellow musk creepers, strong assassin vines, beautiful rare and Steep herbs, all grow here in attractive proportions. Each is laced with just a touch of magic frost which enables it to survive in the adamas-rich, strong-smelling soil.

Re: Enter the Spawn of Earnaness

Postby Steepest Durin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 pm

I am interested in bringin' th' guy down for a while so we can find out more on oor terms. I will throttle 'er with I's Gauntlet, which clenches automatically on an internal hydraulic system with redundant overlays. If she escapes th' first round of grapplin', she'll be bit from th' second.
Steepest Durin

Statistics: Tier: Steepest God (Crown Tier)
Domains: Crafting 4
Weakness: None
Artifacts: Giant's Gauntlet, Council Portal, Field Projector
Motto: An' I will Endure.

Postby Volatilus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:31 am

My beasts gather by the edge of the chasm awaiting to pile on the dragon if it attempts to ascend. Volatilus will gather himself if he was knocked from his dive and quickly ready himself for another assault, using the smoke to mask his movements. It seems this kill isn't going to be simple, but then again.. few are. I will attempt to harry the dragon with my spear, jabbing at soft looking spots only to jump away into the smog just as quickly, readying to throw my spear if it opens its maw to cough, if I can't strike it from the outside...
Volatilus

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Diamond Master » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:50 am

VOLATILUS VS EARNANESSSPAWN
Weakness: Vulnerable Area
Equipment: Steep Guantlet vs None
Spell: Smoke Screen, Engulfing Earth vs Blurred Form

You pin the dragon into the quickly solidifying sand-become-obsidian. As it chokes and splutters, lightning arcing outward with every halting breath, Volatilus leaps into its maw, spear flashing past its armor.

Volatilus, roll a die to clinch your victory, and let me know if you intend to kill the beast.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Postby Volatilus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:31 am

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain! Volatilus will certainly without hesitation intend to slay the dragon.
Volatilus

Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Diamond Master » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Volatilus rolls 19
the Dragon rolls 15

Volatilus, inside the dragon, sends his spear flashing toward some vital organ, crying fiercely in an ancient noble language. At the last second before the tip pierces the heart, an aura of crackling multicolored lightning radiates from the dragon's internal flesh. The spear is turned aside, and a virulent cough expels Volatilus as the dragon burrows, still coughing, into the earth, exposing several sizeable diamonds and chunks of adamas.

Everyone gathers to see if he is hurt. Wonderingly, he holds up his spear for your inspection - the metal tip is wreathed in brilliant flames, auras, and energies! The very air around it tingles, and the diamonds send the light glittering up and down the chasm. Carefully, the assembled deities preserve the energies until they can be usefully grounded in something.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Great Thrash » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 pm

So close!

I ask the earth to keep tabs on where the dragon goes. Presumably it will make for the surface where I've got less power; might even take to the air. Reassemble at the surface; I will travel from underground and send up signals.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:18 am

And if it does not reach the surface, I will entomb it within the earth. Then Durin can burrow toward it, giving the rest of you access.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:17 am

Thrash, can you prevent the trembling of the soil beneath our feet so that I can trick it to think we are located elsewhere? Then we can strike again with surprise.

I will keep a watchful eye - a literal one, which I temporarily mold out of clay - on the area for trilobites. If there are multiple trilobites going in the same direction, I will have my eye follow them around.

I will also set up plenty more traps for the next battle with the dragon. These will be focused around the dragon's vulnerable area.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Diamond Master » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 am

The dragon seems almost exhausted. It is simply hiding at the end of its burrow, holding very still. Amber eyes jerk open as activity resumes once again.

"The Daughter of Eahrnaness grows weary! State some tehrms; leave me to rest."
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 am

"I cannot speak or act for my companions, but my primary goal is knowledge. I see no reason to kill you; you are a living being, and an interesting one at that. But I care for this universe far more than I care for you; so, I ask you to tell us what you know. Answer some or all of my questions, and you will have helped slow this world's end, so I would be willing to speak up for you.

"You say you are delivering something. I ask what it is. Preferably, you would also tell us what we can do to remove its threat. Else we might have to exhaust you still further in attempting to tear it from your person, or wherever it is hidden.

"These trilobites and prints in the sand. They, too, seem to be here for sport, much like you. I do not expect you to know everything of these creatures. If you do, though, it would do you great service to tell us."

"Any further information you tell me will gain you credit from me, and I will speak up on your behalf as best I can. Surely, Volatilus would have destroyed you without a second thought."
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

PreviousNext

Return to The Frosted Arboretum