Where should we hold oor Council?

The vast neutral expanse connecting many island realms of the Diamond Gardens.

The waters here were preserved, frozen as-is, during the height of a great typhoon storm, leaving a crazed landscape of hills, valleys, twists, and loops.

Deities often come here for a change of pace...or a fight.

Re: Where should we hold oor Council?

Postby Diamond Master » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:12 am

Mad Zeus.jpg

Arcane Zeus, known as the Mad after his trials on the Mountain Plane, strides fiercely into the Council building as you debate this. In all the stories, his beautiful wife Rhea is on his arm, but no one has seen her since the wormholes came, and her location remains hidden from scryers.

Zeus wears crumbling golden robes, and his skin has become as marble - careworn, weatherbeaten marble at that.

He speaks of rights and responsibilities, fatherhood and family, in a tired, threadbare voice. His meanings are plain, but his prose is a word salad. A silver vein throbs in his forehead, beads of mercury calling out to Yerkan of Elish as the terrible heat of his thoughts cause swelling and contraction like a thermometer. The movement turns a tiny golden shaft at his temple. The shaft is his sole drive now, keeping a purpose he once articulated spinning with sparks of electricity. When he is asked where this device came from, he cannot say.

Mad Arcane Zeus promises a thousand warriors to serve the Council, join the hunt, and partake in the blood oath. He calls upon the salvageable dead from his once-proud world and recruits from the heroic on the Facets of the campaign gods and worldcrafters. Six of them he names the Council's Captains and elevates to the rank of Culet Pavilion Tier on the spot:
-Arcane Braenir and Faenira, the elven warrior twins
-Arcane Jehovat, the Furnace Idol, incarnate in a lowly coal miner
-Arcanus Far-Long, the Traveler and master tactician, a god already in his own right but with no plane to call his own.
-Arcane Shen Yin, the human computer and bladesmaster and learner of exotic fighting techniques. This will be his third resurrection.
-Cuthbert, the Saint of the Arcane, a native of Thrash from before the Apocalypse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation
Weakness: None

Postby Morbus Sano » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:26 am

Alright, the dragon has failed to act as a good guest to these gardens. I will join the hunt.
Morbus Sano

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Disease 2, Hospitality 1
Motto: Good health

Postby Volatilus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 am

The dragon was defeated, although not as final an ending as I'm used to, but defeated nonetheless with the help of everyone. I only hope that the beasts miserable failure gets him snapped up by his kin with those serious injurys posing attention. Alas Volatilus has gone trophy-less, perhaps the next beast to approach will prove more worthy to adorn my glade.

Regardless of the future you have all done well in the hunt! Volatilus is greatly pleased in everyone's abilities and bravery in the face of what would of been impossibly done alone. I've also been keeping a close eye on your individual display of strengths both during the hunt and off the battlefield as well.

Steepest Durin: Your knowledge and use of gadgets and trinkets seems to know no boundary! A fine use against things that teeth and claws cannot reach,see, or penetrate. At the same time you seem to hold a merriment of mirth within, be it on the hunt or simply exploring. Perhaps a time will pass where we can feast and tell tales of of great hunts.

Great Thrash: you possess heart as vast as your control of the grounds itself! And you make use of both impressively. You show clever precision as well as power when you act, raising a helping hand when possible, and a fist only when no other course presents itself. A stoic defender is what this facet as well as what this pack needs.

Yerkan of Elish: Clever does not do you proud enough! Although slim in your direct power in the hunt, you make up for it and more with your boundless knowledge and cunning. For a carefully aimed crossbow bolt at a known weak-point will overcome your foe quicker than any random spear thrust. Your infinite curiosity may spell trouble for you, but at the same time it could very well save us all.

Morbus Sano: A mysterious one you certainly are, revealing dark talents as well as light precisely as they are needed. You show skills none other here can. Attacking with strange methods some would find noxious or repulsive, but your effects proving quick and effective. Their is a flip to this coin as you claim to lick wounds as easily as you fester them. Pack friendly as your domain suggests as well. I personally would like to see more of a display from you before I'm completely satisfied...

I Volatilus will leave my own workings on this hunt upon my pack mates own judgement. For now all of you have satisfied the conditions of my first test, while all but Morbus have satisfied the conditions of the second. If you wish to finalize this test, come to my Strength Glade prepared for Blood Oath. Morbus feel free to show as well, but be prepared to finish your second test before joining the rest in Blood Oath.
Volatilus

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm

I feel that I speak for all of us when I say that Volatilus acted beyond bravely in this event, charging directly into the mouth of the beast and nearly destroying it permanently, while the rest of us would have hesitated and left it breathing. His courage suggests that he will always fight for this council and do what he thinks best to complete our hunt for the means to allow these glades and gardens to survive.

You do me honor by saying my curiosity is infinite, and I will hope that this ideal suits me well in the future. For curiosity is naught but another type of hunt, is it not?

In any case, I see no reason not to seal our problem with Volatilus and officially unite this council. If not for the ideals of Volatilus than for the ideals that this council will embody.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Great Thrash » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 pm

MIghty Volatilus is the Teeth of our Council, indeed!
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Morbus Sano » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Volatilus has spoken well, and perhaps it is best if I abstain from partaking in the council for now. If there comes a time when I am required you need only ask for my assistance. If I require the assistance of the council, I know where to find you all. I do not need to be a member of the council to do this.

In the meantime, know only that will always be watching, making sure that the laws of hospitality are upheld.
Morbus Sano

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Disease 2, Hospitality 1
Motto: Good health

Previous

Return to The Frozen Ocean