Where should we hold oor Council?

The vast neutral expanse connecting many island realms of the Diamond Gardens.

The waters here were preserved, frozen as-is, during the height of a great typhoon storm, leaving a crazed landscape of hills, valleys, twists, and loops.

Deities often come here for a change of pace...or a fight.

Where should we hold oor Council?

Postby Steepest Durin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 am

1. Durin proposes a Council modeled after the one in the Plane of the Mountain
  2. Volatilus organizes a hunt to develop unity. Council members decide to hunt the Spawn of Earnaness, a powerful dragon.
  3. Mad Arcane Zeus provides an army, led by six Culet deities
  4. In Volatilus' Glade of Strength, the Council members take on a brand to represent their oath of justly protecting the gardens.

I dunno how much you've heard of I's exploits on th' Icy Wastes, but one thing I wish we had there was th' Council idea th' gods of th' Mountain Pantheon had.

Think we could start a version of th' same thing for the Gardens?

With I's Crafting and Earth domains I hollow out a frozen wave. Th' craziest one I ken find. Th' inside will be filled with halls and burrows and chambers. Fortiments on th' outside. Fill it with nice things.

I'm proposin' this because I ken there might be disagreements among gods. Might be challenges we gotta face together and decide things about. Th' spawn of Earnaness is an example. Mebbe you think it's got a right to live, bein' from th' same place as the gods. Mebbe it's too big a threat and we gotta eliminate 'er. Mebbe she wants ta be on th' Council. Council could decide and act together and pool resources.

Th' idea is everyone would have a voice in it. Volatilus, I ken, might have some different ideas about what's healthy than th' rest of us. He'd be an important Councilman. Mebbe he needs somethin' to get the boil out of his blood now and then. Council could provide that.

If you like th' idea say so here and if we have enough for Council I'll see if I can get the Diamond Master ta set up a thread for us.
Steepest Durin

Statistics: Tier: Steepest God (Crown Tier)
Domains: Crafting 4
Weakness: None
Artifacts: Giant's Gauntlet, Council Portal, Field Projector
Motto: An' I will Endure.

Re: Where should we hold oor Council?

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:13 pm

I make my way to the hall that Durin has constructed and find him there.

"I'll support your idea while I remain here. The spawn of Earnaness has come, and claims to have brought something as well... Nidhogg is supposedly to follow in the distant future, and I don't think even a hunter as great as Volatilus will be able to survive in such a battle...

"So, I'll suppose that some form of unity or another will be the best decision for now. I certainly wouldn't trust just one of us alone... And I mean to survive and learn and know this Facet before it ends, and when it does I'll be ready to make my way stoically on to the next. If that ever needs to happen.

"Or maybe I won't... that dragon and its ancestors are powerful. I am a mere Hero among Gods, and today I am not stealing fire, but playing with it."

Heh.

I like this Facet.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Great Thrash » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:12 am

I really don't think we can get by for long without one!
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Diamond Master » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:26 am

I've set up the fundamentals. Would you like to make this a Refractive Facet, a small universe with its own rules? Otherwise I will set up a forum within the Frozen Ocean.

Details:
Spoiler: show
I've created a joinable group for your Council. It can be accessed from User Control Panel > Usergroups > Nonmemberships. Simply select it and then click Submit.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Postby Diamond Master » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:28 am

Furthermore, you should perhaps elect a group leader who can approve requests to join, or decide to make it an open group.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Postby Great Thrash » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:38 pm

I've asked to join!
Great Thrash

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

I have also asked to join.

As for the question of leadership, I do not know whether we need a leader. However, there may be cases where we need to remove someone from the council... Other than that, I would support an open group.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Morbus Sano » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

I wander into the council fortress greeting all those who I see with all the necessary kindnesses that are expected of uninvited guests, when I reach the room where Great Thrash, Steepest Durin, and Yerkan are I bow, introduce myself and await the opportunity to speak announcing, "This council is a good idea indeed, for the wisdom of one rarely matches the wisdom of many. I will join if you will have me.

as for leadership, I believe it is necessary; however I propose it is decided in the following fashion:

when a threat or simply the need to act is determined by majority (active) vote of the council, the council will then appoint a member of the council to be the chairperson of the council in affairs regarding that issue. The council would, of course, be responsible to strip this chairperson of their title if they are doing an unsatisfactory job."
Morbus Sano

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Disease 2, Hospitality 1
Motto: Good health

Postby Volatilus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Volatilus pads into the council hall quietly, finding a corner to keep all within sight and sound before speaking so all is to be heard.

This talk of packing so soon seems difficult to chew at first. Voting for a patriarch when we are all lone wolves of our own territory gives me bristles. I say a test of strength and cunning shall be conducted before I take part.

I propose a group hunt to build pack unity and trust, an individual display of ones own usefulness to the pack and what they can offer, as well as the swearing of blood oaths to one another. If these terms are met, not only will I join this "council" but declare all to be of my brethren and run with them when the hunt calls without hesitation. Volatilus is content to host his own world to satisfy these conditions if need be. Until then he will wait and observe.
Volatilus

Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Great Thrash » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Rather unusual, a bit radical perhaps, but it doesn't seem too dangerous. I'd take part in the group hunt; I even think it's a good idea.

But what would the blood oath entail?
Great Thrash

Next

Return to The Frozen Ocean