Possible rule change - killing Culet gods

Suggestions, qualms, complaints - will be archived when the playtest ends.
Forum rules
Remember that there is value in keeping certain aspects of the DP secret from players or potential media consumers.

This particular category allows (requires, in fact) OOC posting.

Should Culet (minion) gods be killable with a roll of 19?

Yes they should be
100%
No they should not be
No votes
Yes, with conditions - explain in comments
No votes

Total votes : 2

Possible rule change - killing Culet gods

Postby Diamond Master » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 am

Here is a rule I am considering changing, after discussion with the Norns and the Lady.

Under this proposed rule, the Culet Tier would have an additional weakness. A roll of 19 or of 20 would be sufficient to damage them or even to kill them, effectively doubling the slim chances. They would still get the saving grace of trying to roll an 11 or higher to take a reduced penalty (such as disfigurement instead of death).

Pros: More satisfaction, less attempts need to be made. Favors humans. May increase reward of good play.

Cons: Dehumanizes nonplayer characters run by the DM or by true-tier gods and makes Culet gods less realistic. May allow for sloppier play.

Thoughts?
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation
Weakness: None

Re: Possible rule change

Postby Morbus Sano » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:45 pm

This sounds fine to me, except I feel you would have to scale down the rewards for slaying a culet god rather than a true-tier human-played god. I sort of like the idea of easier kills with certain culet gods.

I don't really like this idea, but what about making it an optional weakness to increase other aspects of the culet gods? or maybe an increased favor one would have to pay to create/invite a culet god without this weakness
Morbus Sano

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Disease 2, Hospitality 1
Motto: Good health

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:00 pm

I feel a deity's minion does have a higher chance of being actually killed than a "true" deity, so I don't know if it's actually less realistic. The defining characteristic of the culet deities in-game is obviously not that they are run by the DM or another deity, but that they are kind of subservient in a way (even if they still have free will and do their own thing).

It also allows for more chances of interesting roleplay. Gods don't generally lose a whole lot; suffering a loss such as a faithful minion can be a great driving motivation.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Diamond Master » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:16 am

The lesser reward of slaying a Culet is that their Favor is not transferred upon their death.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Return to Playtest Thread