Summers

Got an idea for a deity, but no world that can hold him? Thought of a cool artifact or plot hook? Display and steal game ideas here! Out of Character (OOC).
Forum rules
Remember that there is value in keeping certain aspects of the DP secret from players or potential media consumers.

This particular category allows (requires, in fact) OOC posting.

Summers

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 pm

With Walpurgisnacht and May Day, we welcome summer. However, for many, summers mean leaving our colleges and universities where we hold our campaigns, and returning home or to some obscure job where there may not be as many players of our games. As such, the sessions that we can post here on the DP may be reduced, and we may begin to visit less often.

As such, I am posting a few ideas of things to do over the summer, or whenever you can't get D&D to work out.

• Run a D&D game anyway. By this I mean, even if you're with people you don't know and not with your normal group, find some people who will play. One of the best games I ever ran was with a group of people that I had known for about three weeks at my job.
  • Write a story. Or a novel. Or a history. Or anything! Gods don't always need to allow for free will. You can create campaign-based stories without the input of others. Also, National Novel Writing Month is in November in the U.S., when no one has any time. Summers, people have time. In addition to beautiful summer scenes for inspiration. This is a storytelling forum, not just a gaming one. Post stories from your campaigns, or from any other worlds you may have created. Add obscure hints that only we will understand!
  • Work on your campaign for next semester. Design some cool characters, cool places, or cool mechanics. Converse with the DP gods for ideas!
  • Play Abyss.
  • Draw maps of your world. Or anything, for that matter. Draw characters, landscapes, planes of existence.
  • Play in someone else's campaign. Infiltrate their campaign for the DP (I'm working on this right now. I just killed a PC and now am sending Yerkan to summon their soul for the DP). Even if you don't have people you know, play a play-by-post game. Or run one.
  • Write a collaborative story on the internet with friends.
  • Go on adventures, then transfer them to the DP. Get lost in a forest, and have your DP character get lost in the arboretum and find some things. Gods are Lucky (even if the Luck domain is cursed), and bound to find something.
  • Anything else! Post what other activities you think are fun or productive! Be alive! Experience the wonders of the universe! Then, post about them here.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Re: Summers

Postby Great Thrash » Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Go on real-life adventures. Tons of inspiration out there.
If you're not the sketching type, just make collages of things relating to your campaign using clip art and Google Images.
Make teasers for players, then don't let them take any actions yet : )
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Re: Summers

Postby AIiCE » Sun May 05, 2013 1:30 am

The primary National Novel Writing Month is in November, however there is a glorious alternative. Camp NaNoWriMo runs during April and July and "provides the online support, tracking tools, and hard deadline to help you write the rough draft of your novel in a month… other than November!". Highly recommended.
AIiCE

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Electronics 1, Speed 1
Weakness: None
Artifacts: The Metaphysical Key, the HELRIDE system

Return to Ideas Pool