Additional samples/examples/tables

OOC posting, obviously. Guests are allowed in this forum, so keep sensitive information out - link to it if necessary.
Forum rules
Remember that there is value in keeping certain aspects of the DP secret from players or potential media consumers.

This particular category allows (requires, in fact) OOC posting.

Additional samples/examples/tables

Postby Volatilus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 am

This looks like a fine topic concerning mechanics that could use some more light.
Now that I've found the time to look closely at every posting in this massive forum I couldn't help but feel as though a few things mentioned could use a little more light on the subject, or examples or tables. If any of this is actually explained somewhere and i somehow missed it, I apologize in advance.

-Weaknesses: although self explanatory in their own way, I would like to see a table concerning possible weaknesses to choose from, whether they are applicable in some way, which ones are acceptable and which ones are far too specific. (ex: blonde hair, yetis, sneezes, purple lights ect.) Wouldn't want that to be exploited to the point of pure silliness.

-Domain Benefits: Now the domains themselves are also fairly explanatory, but the levels themselves seem to be a bit fuzzy. Perhaps a table explaining the benefits of higher level domains, or examples to what certain domain levels can accomplish vs. others?

Only two I can think of at the moment, but either way this looks like a fine topic to add more in the future.
Volatilus

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Weakness: None
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Re: Additional samples/examples/tables

Postby Diamond Master » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 am

I agree, especially about the weaknesses. The Unblemished will work on adding this feature in the future.

As for domain levels, those are mostly for lording it over others with similar talents. Perhaps this is something that can be explored more during the playtest - keep an eye out for any benefits your higher domain levels bring. It may be a flaw of the game that going from level 0 to level 1 is a hundred times more valuable than going from 1 to 2, and we can think of something to add.

It's also possible that this would be a bigger deal in games with larger numbers.

Volatilus, I've sent you Favor for this suggestion. Everyone else, feel free to add your own suggestions!
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Postby Great Thrash » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Maybe a scaling flexibility and epic scale. Like level one means you can do anything described in the rules of an RPG, level two means you can do things only gods do in RPGs, level 3 means...?

Otherwise it is still useful in comparing existing gods, either Culet gods or competitor PCs.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Great Thrash » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Or maybe they could be treated like Difficulty classes - you need a relevant domain level 3 to beat this thing. Opposed domain levels.

If you want to wash away my island, you need water level 2 to match my earth 2. If you want to put out my fire, you only need water 1.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Diamond Master » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:38 am

Great Thrash wrote:Otherwise it is still useful in comparing existing gods, either Culet gods or competitor PCs.

Great Thrash wrote:Or maybe they could be treated like Difficulty classes - you need a relevant domain level 3 to beat this thing. Opposed domain levels.

If you want to wash away my island, you need water level 2 to match my earth 2. If you want to put out my fire, you only need water 1.

These can be used with the existing rules, I would say, and will perhaps be added explicitly in the next version of them.

Here is an idea the Unblemished have been toying with: Aside from resolving who has more right to a given title, e.g The Sun God, upon reaching 5th level in a domain you gain a great new power: Your grasp on reality is so powerful that you can create Artifacts without intervention from the DM/DM Favor. One Artifact per Hrairweek.
This would probably create more of an economy as well.

Certain domains would continue to have specific benefits as they currently do (Parenthood, Crafting, etc)
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Diamond Master » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 am

Another idea is to add a reward at Domain Level 4: Minor Reality Revisions related to your subject are halved in price.

Great Thrash's use of earth and Reality Revision together gave me this idea, so I have given him 1 DM Favor.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion Box