The Throne of Thrash

The homes and demesnes of the Worldcrafter Gods.
Forum rules
Remember that there is value in keeping certain aspects of the DP secret from players or potential media consumers.

Remember to follow the in-character nature of the forum.

Re: The Throne of Thrash

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 pm

I will be sponsoring Karapace "Ka" Shoreliner as a Culet Hero Deity. She's an Epic level aquamancer who passed a battery of tests (which I am assuming the existing hero deities from the Precedent will be assisting me with). She has been preserved in golden wax on the Material Plane while her godly form (composed of Diamondlight Power) is free to wander here.

Yerkan this idea just occurred to me: When adventurers reach 9th level spellcasting, they are given gifts by (culet) gods from the Diamond Pantheon to "court" them into joining that god's faction. You were also apotheosized as a hero deity so you oughta be qualified to design a gift or two.

Here's an example list. Check the second paragraph.

Mirror and Ash have already got their presents, but Freyaline is due soon to reach 20th level and deserve some courting gifts, if you're interested.
Last edited by Great Thrash on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Yerkan, it is assumed in my campaign that in the past, you traveled through all the abandonware of Karapace Shoreliner, often leaving puzzle clues and signs that you were there. In the most recent adventure, you were involved in transmuting poisoned water to quicksilver and leaving it, a poison only you can tolerate, to mask such a clue:
a clue to the Last Module Ascension Test.
Great Thrash

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Indeed. Though I hear Ash, Mirror, and their little company have managed to steal it anyways.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Great Thrash » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 am

How could they do otherwise?
Great Thrash

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 pm

I've got some excellent opportunities for any meddlers out there. In fact, I'd love to have you all give your input on the following:

Soon, the most famous adventuring party on my surface will complete their greatest task: gathering enough power to raise the sunken island of Sailcloth. They'll probably be adventuring underwater a bit as they attempt this final step.

Meanwhile, I am testing them for possible ascension to the Pinnacle Tapestry here. That's where you come in: You can suggest suitable tests on their path to the Last Module, Z9, when they will be face to face with the possibility of apotheosis. This is the same test that Ka and (some of) her compatriots survived.

Survival is not guaranteed. The tests are real. Even accepting the test is a big risk. Die in dishonor and they stay dead.

So, who's got ideas? It'd be great if they have some signature stamp of each of you.
Great Thrash

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Furthermore, they've got a Spelljammer sphere-traveling ship, so if anyone wants some alien visitors to the planet of their divine rule, let me know!
Great Thrash

Postby Steepest Durin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 pm

I'd want ta contribute ta th' test. Let I think on it.

What've you got so far?
Steepest Durin

Statistics: Tier: Steepest God (Crown Tier)
Domains: Crafting 4
Weakness: None
Artifacts: Giant's Gauntlet, Council Portal, Field Projector
Motto: An' I will Endure.

Postby Great Thrash » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 am

I want to include mortal combat, maybe a magus duel, a logic puzzle, ethical puzzles, political puzzles, and exploratory puzzles. Don't have specific ideas yet.
Great Thrash

Postby Great Thrash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am

The day of testing grows closer
Spoiler: show
3 months

This test is likely to involve two separate groups of adventurers, from two different worlds, meeting up to fight for the fate of both. A few miscellaneous stragglers are expected as well, though their chances of making the DP are much lower than the adventuring groups.

Prepare yourselves. With any luck, someone among them will prove themselves enough to be accepted here.
Great Thrash

Postby Great Thrash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:00 am

The Sailcloth Adventurers on Thrash traditionally receive gifts from the gods when they achieve some epic milestone, such as 9th level spellcasting, kingdom rulership, or epic strength. They have already received their gifts representing each perception in the war of good against evil (and those in between), each hero deity trying to influence the adventurers in the direction of a certain alignment.

The Wolf Pack will soon be reaching similar milestones.

Does anyone want to donate a gift? Describe its appearance and powers. Most of the local hero deities give major wondrous items, not deific Artifacts, but you may give what you will. No delivery costs - I believe everyone deserves the chance to resist suasion.
Customize it! Make it fit for a hero.

The candidates:
1. Willowsmere - a gnomish forest druid definitively allied with Good, concerned with saving her brother's life with a draught of rare dragon blood. Specializes in healing and battle spells.
2. Talus - An arrogant elven warrior who specializes in the defensive side of combat. Now a werewolf and convert of the evil Old One Gnagatautha.
3. Thorn - An elven woodsman who seeks revenge on the dragon that destroyed his family's homestead. An accomplished archer and minor spellcaster. Now a werewolf and convert of the evil Old One Gnagatautha.
4. Oakenbeard Swiftshadow - A halfling rebel who primarily loves gold and the challenge of thievery. Also a minor leader. Now a werewolf and convert of the evil Old One Gnagatautha - indeed, the first to accept conversion.
5. Omar - A powerful evocater destined for great things. Loves wands and rods. Now a werewolf and convert of the evil Old One Gnagatautha. Probably the only one actively seeking godhood. Found wandering in a cave.
6. Odin of the Arc - A smashy barbarian. Loves to smash. More intelligent than he sounds.
7. Lirael - Another evocater. An expert on dragons.

Pick one or all of them to try to bribe!
Great Thrash

PreviousNext

Return to Bezel Realms